Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 1 & Week 2 -Evaluation

I fell and I got up all by myself whoa! What a sound that would make?

Have completed 3 modules of the Post Graduate Applied e-learning course so far, which is part of a much bigger plan.

So heres me combining the two weeks. Spent time last week figuring how to use Wiki Educator. Still teething you see.

I work as a Computer facilitator for FreeB Classroom run by Manukau Institute of Technology. Our self paced courses, assessed and non assessed are offered free.

Way back when I started my career as a Student Administrator, I carried evaluations with students in form of questionnaire on courses run by the computer institute that I worked for.
Thats the first encounter with EVALUATIONS as whole
Then again last Dec 09, in facilitating online Communities module I evaluated my mini event on blogs as a effective asynchronous e-learning tool.
That was great experiece,evaluating one's own event.

Evaluation course started 2 weeks ago,i didnt make much progress the first week,and also missed the online class meeting due to illness.But getting my head around this week.
So what did i do so far...
I introduced myself in wikieducator ,then i subscribed to evaluation course blog through google reader (hopefully i did it right) .I also subscribed to ee4ep google groups to send and receive communications with my facilitator and colleagues.
Umm I managed to install Elluminate in my Lappy and listened to the 1st Web Conference which I missed. Was nice listening to the introductions and getting overview of the programme from Bronwyn. Looking forward to attending 11 Aug Web meeting of our class.

Looking for partner for mini-evaluation on Career Development case study. Interested anyone?

Would like to get a better understanding of the whole evaluation process and dive deep in.

Cheers
& Happy Learning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meena,

    I enjoyed reading your post. It is always nice to hear about other peoples' journeys.
    I had to attend the illuminate session without a microphone as I had left it at work. It was great fun, I made several spelling mistakes by typing in too fast. However I still insist in using the apostrophe when texting anyone.

    I'm sure by now you will have a partner for the evaluation, if not please get in contact. I am hoping to work with Jon.

    Once again,great read!

    Kind regards,
    Kevin
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meena you are well on your way now. It is very good to hear about your experiences with evaluation. I hope you will share some of the details with the class on wednesday in the web conference.
    Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete